Pork Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 2 -4 (5-6 meatballs per serving) depending on side dishes
I tried another online recipe and messed with it. These Asian pork meatballs are an easy recipe, requiring little culinary skill, and the only issue is you have to save some or you can easily eat the entire thing in a sitting! Make sure you add lots of side veggies or lettuce to create a filling meal. Zucchini noodles would also work great. We did cauliflower rice seasoned with chicken bouillon. Note: this is Gluten and Soy free if you check your Oyster Sauce and Coconut Amino labels.
- 1 lbs ground pork
For the meatball seasoning mixture:
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (making this soy free) or you can substitute Tamari (GF soy sauce) but I like Coconut Aminos better
- 1 – 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (Lee Kum Kee brand is soy free)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1-2 tsp aleppo pepper – can use cayenne if necess.
- 1 T toasted sesame oil (not same as plain sesame oil)
- Diced green onions
- Sesame seeds
- sliced cucumber
- pepper slices
- fresh cilantro
- lettuce leaves for making meatball wraps!
- Red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- To make the seasoning mixture, mix all of the seasoning mixture ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the ground pork into a bowl and pour the seasoning mixture all over the pork. Mix everything together with your hands until well incorporated.
- Now, form the pork into medium sized meatballs balls about the size those in the picture. You can use a scoop if you have one, it makes it easy to form the pork into balls without everything sticking to your hands. Otherwise, use a tablespoon and put a bit of oil on your hands. It should make 16-20 meatballs depending on size.
- Place in the oven to cook for 25 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through. If desired, you can turn the oven up to broil at the end for a few minutes to brown the tops of the meatballs.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on toppings as desired.
- Watch your family gobble them up.
Calories: 485 cal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 35g
You must be logged in to post a comment.