Today is simple. The next time you want to reach for potato chips, try one of these low carb snack alternatives! In general, I’ve avoided cheese because I don’t eat dairy. You can add cheese in small amounts if you can tolerate dairy.
The key for a snack is this: you MUST have some protein, some fat and some flavor! Then, you won’t feel deprived!
Protein + Good Fat = Good Snack!
- Olives – high in healthy fats, they’ll keep you feeling full.
- Celery with Nut Butter
- Cucumber chips with guacamole
- Hard Boiled Egg! A little salt and pepper and you’re set
- A handful of almonds, cashews, pecans or walnuts. High fiber, low carbs, good fats
- ½ cup berries, and if you can do dairy, ½ cup greek plain yogurt
- One or two of my strawberry cookies!
- Half an avocado with tuna or chicken salad (home made if possible)
- Half an avocado with ½ tomato with salt and pepper
- Organic lunch meat without fillers (read your label) with asparagus or dill pickles
- Egg salad in lettuce wraps
Although opinions vary about dairy, you can use it in moderation to snack wisely!
And now that I’ve worked on this post before my dinner, I’m starving, so see you all after I eat! I’d love to know your favorite snacks!