So, a lot of people say to me “I just can’t afford organic”. Besides the rationale I’ve already given in prior posts, (how much do you spend to go out to dinner? movies? take out? Why would you balk at spending that same amount on your food, the one thing that can energize and heal you?) here’s a source where you can get stock pantry items CHEAP, shipped right to your house, and save $$ in the process. Thrive Market is the organic version of Amazon Pantry, and there are lots of other reasons to support it, and no relation to my blog, btw… (already a member? see bottom of page to get a free maple syrup!)
- Thrive Market is the first socially conscious online marketplace offering natural/organic products at wholesale prices. For less than $5 a month ($59.95 annually), members can shop 4,000 of the highest quality food, supplements, home, personal care, and beauty products from more than 400 of the best brands on the market, all delivered straight to their doors at 25-50% below retail prices. I personally have saved double that in the last year just on bulk organic canned goods. (eg; coconut milk, organic broth, bone broth, beans, etc.)
- The Thrive Market website provides exceptional coverage across dozens of key dietary preferences and values. From Paleo and gluten-free, to vegan and raw, to non-GMO and certified organic. Every product in the catalog is tagged with more than 90 filters so that users can easily customize their shopping experience to the preferences and values that mean the most to them with a click of the mouse.
- Thrive Market offers free shipping on all orders over $49 and delivers anywhere in the continental United States. The average cost of shipping on orders under $49 is approximately $5.
- Thrive Market Gives Back. Expanding access to healthy living isn’t just a business model — at Thrive Market, it’s a mission. Through the company’s Thrive Gives initiative, a unique take on one-to-one giving, every paid membership is matched with a free membership for a low-income American family. Thanks to Thrive Gives, thousands of Americans who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford healthy and natural products will have easy access to similarly or lower-priced alternatives to highly processed and artificial products found at traditional supermarkets.
- Thrive Market is an environmentally responsible and sustainable business. All packaging, boxes and inserts are made from recycled paper and are recyclable. Thrive Market is committed to supporting other sustainable businesses by working with eco-friendly vendors and suppliers who share our values. Thrive Market is 100% carbon neutral through carbonfund.org. This certification covers national shipping, packaging materials, warehouse utilities and the commutes of Thrive employees.
Although I think the best sources of our food are LOCAL, (especially locally owned food co-ops), and you should always buy produce from sources that are known, naturally grown or organic (and as local as practical), this is one place you can stock up on reasonably priced canned goods, oils, beauty products, cleaning supplies and snacks. Give it a visit and see what I mean, and if you click on the link on this page, you’ll get 20% off your first three orders!
Already a Thrive Market member? Click here to get a free maple syrup with your next order!