I LOVE egg rolls, but I try and avoid both wheat and fried foods. This is my egg roll fix. Today was a cold and cloudy day. I decided to give this a try and after tweaking it significantly, I’ve come up with a winner! (As evidenced by my husband, who isn’t a “soup guy”, gobbling down two bowls…)
You do NOT need an Instant Pot to make this, a large saucepan works well also. I am lazy, and it won’t mess my stove up if I use my Instant Pot to brown the meat and onions and cook the veggies. LOL
Prep Time: 20 minutes, cook time 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground pork (local pastured is best)
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth, organic
- ½ to 1 T “Better Than Bouillon” or a cube of chicken bouillion
- 1 T grated ginger or chopped ginger
- ½ head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 3-5 carrots, julienned into matchsticks
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. chives
- 2/3 cup coconut aminos (you can use wheat free soy sauce, also called tamari, but I vastly prefer coconut aminos)
- 1 tbs. TOASTED sesame oil
In your Instant Pot (saute setting), or a saucepan, brown the pork and onions in the oil. You won’t need to drain it at all, as pork is very lean. Then, once the pork/onion mixture is cooked, add the chicken broth and the ½ T of the bouillon paste. This adds more flavor to the broth, which can be bland.
Continue adding all the ingredients: ginger, cabbage, carrots, green onion, chives, garlic, toasted sesame oil and coconut aminos. Stir well.
Cook until heated through, and the carrots and cabbage are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Makes 4-6 servings based on size.
Easy, Quick and Healthy!
13 g Fat
17 g Carbs
3 g Fiber
17 g Protein